Relocated Stephanie Moves Again!

I've been living in Perth, WA for 4 months now and it's been real.  It's not that much different than my life back in Florida, with some minor changes.  I'm close to the beach and the winter has been cold, but mild cold compared to most places.  Very similar to my winters in FL.  I'm getting used to driving around the city and it really isn't that much larger (land driving wise) than Orlando.  I may not have as much as my daily shops, but I know where to go to get what I want now.  However, now it seems I shouldn't get too comfortable where I'm at and utilize my minimal Perth beach days while I can.

In just a few short weeks we're moving to Kalgoorlie, WA.  In comparison, Perth has a population of nearly 2 million and Kalgoorlie has a bit over 30, 000.  (Orlando has something like 2.1 million.)  I've mainly lived in bigger cities with the things I need at nearly any time I want. (Hello, 24 hr Walmart!)  This is going to be a bit of a change for me!  I'm going to have to get used to a small town lifestyle.  I'm hopeful that it'll be a good change for us, something new to experience.  I'm also very hopeful that I'll get some relief teaching work while I'm out there.  (Fingers crossed because I've been really missing being in the classroom.)

No comments