Favorite Spring 2013 Fashion Trends

Hello Spring Fashion!  There are many Spring trends happening on the runways and in stores lately.  I love them and want to experiment with them into my own personal style, however, I'm saving up for my upcoming Australia trip.  (Need to save, save, save, and resist!)  There are two trends that I will definitely invest in this Spring.  I'm loving the Black & White trend (always & forever) and, surprisingly, the Cutouts/Peekaboo trend.  There are so many others that are fun for Spring.  (IE. Statement Glasses, Bold Stripes, and even the youthful Quirky Print Shorts.)



Black & White Spring Trend, this one is probably my most favorite!  I've always gravitated towards blacks and whites because it never goes out of style and fun to accessorize. I LOVED Jason Wu's take on this trend.  All of the looks were sleek & chic! A little WAY out of my budget with several thousands of dollars for each piece.  However, this is an easy look to do on a bargain because you can find this anywhere.

I love this trend because, for me, it never goes out of style.  You always look put-together and stylish with this trend.  (Does Black ever go old?)  My friend has a wardrobe of nothing but Black and White.  Once she decided to give a little color in her life, she realized the pop of color can go with anything in her wardrobe.  It's so versatile and you can easily play it up or down. I love, love, love to play with accessories with Black & White.  You can either stay on trend or be adventurous with color, patterns, and numerous styles.  (Remember Eva Mendes in the white Dior dress at the Golden Globes in 2009?  That turquoise statement necklace with it was amazing!)

This look can easily be attainable on a budget and can probably be found anywhere!  Check out the very similar Calvin Klein at Macy's for waaaaay cheaper!  (Slimming look too!)  I'll definitely be finding some statement pieces with this trend!


Spring Cutouts/Peekaboo Trend. WOW, those two looks from Sass & Bide and Versace!  Love their looks!  Completely unattainable with my "checkbook," but don't they look amazing?  Definitely a style that is a statement on its own.  I would definitely style this trend less and keep the focus on the dress/top. This trend is a little more adventurous for me and I'm still skeptic of investing in this.  However, if you're a girl who likes to go for the trend or isn't afraid to stand out, this is the look for you.

I love the Cutout look at NastyGal.  (You can easily search this trend by going to their site and searching "Cutout."  You'll get so many options to choose from.)  Definitely more affordable and more fun. I love the one on the far right.  The pyramid detailing reminds me a bit of the Sass & Bide style.  The color on the far left is similar to Versace's, but not as detailed.  They even have amazing prints with cutouts.

What's your favorite Spring 2013 Trend?  Looking forward to try anything out?

3 comments

  1. I like that you included budget versions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white trend! And I really like the cutout trend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the macy's black and white dress.

    ReplyDelete