Pen Pal Letters


Something I've wanted for a while was a Pen Pal, someone to write to and an excuse to make cute little paper crafts/designs. Luckily, through this beautiful blogging world, I came across Joy.  She had a blog that showcased her work and was more of a craft girl than I could ever dream of.   (She even has a cute little shop.)  We had conversed through social media and I found out she wanted a Pen Pal too.  Since I was moving overseas from Florida, USA to Perth, Australia I thought it would be a great time for an international Pen Pal, I still count it as international even though I'm from USA as well.

I sent my first letter over with just paper, pen, and an envelope.  I love to doodling and change my handwriting while I write my letters.  Gives my own personal touch.  It amazes me how much I had to write, even though we barely knew each other nor met in real life.  We have also sent postcards from our travels.

Joy certainly has inspired me to step up my game!  Her letter came and I was in awe the little touches that let's you know it's from her.

I love the inspiration that can easily come from something so simple.  It's a shame there are talks of raising postage prices and slower delivery here in Australia.  Makes you realize how much has changed over the decades, especially within the digital age, and how much you appreciate something as small as a letter.

14 comments

  1. This is such a lovely idea! Continue with it!

    Lots of love

    http://princechic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet story! That's my absolute favorite part about the blogosphere, is the connections you can make with people all over the world. Good luck on putting together a cute note to send back! :) Xo, Alison

    www.simplyfairbyalisonjeanine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to get my supplies. Hopefully I'll have some pictures in a future post. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't know anyone who doesn't love getting a letter!! :) (the one in the picture is beautiful by the way :)) it's a shame we all don't send letters more often because it really doesn't take that much work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reply letter took me 10 minutes today and I loved how it came out. I wish they were sent more. When I told my friend I needed a nice paper craft store nearby because I have a pen pal she got so excited.

      Delete
  4. This is so cute! I'm guilty for wanting a pen pal too. I recently joined this site called Postcrossing and it lets you send and receive postcards from all over the world! :D I still have to send my first postcard though. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out that site to see what it's about! :) I usually only end up buying postcards and magnets (this one is for my personal collection) when I go to new places.

      Delete
    2. I'm just wondering, where do you buy your postcards aside from online and tourist spots? I went Hallmark but they don't sell it anymore.

      Delete
    3. I don't really get them unless I'm traveling, BUT I know you can get them at ANY airport that showcases the city you're in. When I decide to do it, I'm going to design my own postcards online and have them made. You can do this with Vista Print, Moo.com, Minted, or most places that do business cards. Etsy is also a great place to order postcards. I hope you find some! :)

      Delete
  5. I've always loved receiving snail mail and that letter is extra pretty!
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? She's a crafty lady! I just doodle all over mine! :)

      Delete
  6. The letter is gorgeous! I have to admit I'm furious at Australia Post though. They already raised the price from 60 cents - a price that was quite consistent for years - to 70 cents and now they want to raise it again? What a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable!! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete